A bestselling author and critic of Islam says members of the
Obama administration weren't telling the truth about the events
that led to murder of four Americans stationed at the U.S.
Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
In a testimony before a House panel on Wednesday, the former
head of a 16-member U.S. military team in Libya said the consulate
in Benghazi, where the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans
were recently killed, never had the forces it needed to protect
itself. Lt. Col. Andrew Wood told the House Oversight and
Government Reform Committee that U.S. security was so weak that in
April, only one U.S. diplomatic security agent was stationed in
The committee hearing followed assertions by the State
Department that it never concluded that the September 11 attack
stemmed from protests over an American-made video ridiculing Islam,
even though U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice previously described the
attack as spontaneous. Rice has denied trying to mislead
But Robert Spencer, director of Jihad Watch,
says that is exactly what she did.
"Their earlier statements saying it was all about the video and
it was a spontaneous uprising are abundantly documented," he notes.
"And it's clear now that they were absolutely lying then.
"They knew that this attack was coming, that they had abundant
warning of it, that they were actually asked to increase security
and ignored the requests. And so their responsibility for this is
absolute. This ought to be a foremost campaign issue at this
While some suggest the mainstream media will try to ignore it,
Spencer suggests Governor Romney bring it up during future
A global Jewish human rights organization based in Los Angeles
says the Iranian regime is led by religious fanatics who believe
launching a nuclear conflagration would hasten the return of their