A high school fine arts teacher in Texas expressed her contempt for President Donald Trump in her classroom on Inauguration Day by firing a water gun at the president’s image on her projector screen during class.
In addition to her disturbing display in front of students, Payal Modi, who has been teaching at W.H. Adamson High School in Dallas, Texas, since August 2014, was reportedly seen in a picture at the Oval Office, which has raised further security concerns.
As Modi repetitively pulled the trigger of her toy water gun pointed at Trump’s head on the projector screen and yelled “DIE!” she had someone her classroom film her outburst, and school officials soon caught wind of the incident.
“She has been placed on administrative leave while the Dallas Independent School District (DISD) investigates her Inauguration Day stunt,” WND reported. “Someone in the room filmed Modi’s outburst, and Modi reportedly posted the video on Instagram on Jan. 20.”
The Instagram video appeared on the Internet with the following caption:
“payalemmWatching the #inauguration in my classroom like….#no #stop #denial #squirtgun #hypocrisy #powerless #saveusall #teachthembetter #atleastitsfriday,” the video caption read.
Modi, who makes a taxpayer-funded salary of $51,000, has since removed the video, but it is still accessible on Twitter.
Adamson High School Assistant Principal Bobby Nevels indicated that the school administration is well aware of the video, but he indicated that he would not offer a remark about the school’s take on the matter.
“[T]he district is aware of the video, but will not comment on personnel issues,” Nevels told PJ Media.
Even though a toy gun was used to stage the mock attack, page 21 of the Dallas Independent School District’s Student Code of Conduct handbook lists the incident as a Level I Offense.
In an attempt to quell public outrage and negative publicity about Modi’s disturbingly unprofessional and militant behavior, the school district reportedly deleted comments posted on its Facebook page on Thursday and followed up by notifying parents, concerned community members and other outraged Americans viewing its page that it will not make any statements about the matter until it has been thoroughly reviewed.
“Today, we were made aware of a social media posting being circulated involving a teacher at W. H. Adamson High School,” a post from the district explained. “The teacher has been placed on administrative leave and the district has opened an investigation. This is a personnel matter and, as such, we cannot comment.”
The district also attempted to stem the public backlash on its Facebook page that was triggered from the disturbing video.
“Please note, this Facebook page is not a forum to discuss personnel matters such as this,” DISD officials informed. “Comments that do so will be removed, and repeat offenders will be banned from the page.”
Ironically, a report from PJ Media disclosed that on Modi’s Instagram account, she calls for “kindness” and “respect” from Americans in the wake of his election and inauguration.
More disturbing conduct was discovered online about Modi and her ultra-Leftist political views.
“She also posted references to the Women’s March on Washington and an image of a pink T-shirt she designed with a reference to “my [vulgar term for genitalia],” WND’s Chelsea Schilling disclosed.
Even more alarming was a photo that was reportedly discovered portraying Modi inside the president’s office in the White House.
“Before Modi shut down her Twitter account, users found [a] photo of her in the Oval Office recently – a truly disturbing twist, considering she appears to want the president dead,” PJ Media divulged.
However, the authenticity of the photo remains uncertain.
“It is unclear whether the photo shows Modi in the actual Oval Office inside the White House or a museum replica of the room – such as the one featured at the George W. Bush Presidential Center near Dallas,” Schilling stated.
Modi’s irresponsible and unprofessional behavior as a public high school teacher has received widespread condemnation from the Internet community across America.
Numerous postings compiled by WND on multiple websites have called for Modi to be disciplined over the matter – including demands for her immediate termination:
- “Secret Service needs to pay her a visit, soon.”
- “I’m tired of Dems being held to lower standards than their Repub counterparts. Fire her yesterday.”
- “I’m certainly going to follow up and see whether or not she is permanently removed from teaching.”
- “Poor excuse for a teacher … she should not have access to our children!”
- “Given that she did this in class, I hope the administration interviews all her students to find out what else she may have done that should be made record. Obviously, she should never teach again, anywhere.”
- “Should be fired immediately. Can you imagine if it was a white teacher and Obama? The person’s life would be ruined by this forever.”
- “If that was a kid and a pop tart shaped like a pistol, they would have been suspended yesterday. Probably cuffed and perp walked.”
- “This excuse for a teacher is planting deadly ideas in the mind[s] of gullible, immature students. This must be stopped!”
- “She needs to be fired and arrested. This woman is crazy. Why would you let her continue to teach students?”
- “A Republican would have already been fired.”